If you haven’t yet explored The Onward Workbook, I wanted to share an activity from this month to give you an idea of the type of reflective activities that are shared. If you are unfamiliar with it, The Onward Workbook is divided into 12 chapters following the habits and dispositions in Onward. There is an activity for EVERY day of the year for you to explore!!
Today I am sharing the activity Live as If You Liked Yourself. The activity is grounded in the Marge Piercy quote: Live as if you liked yourself, and it may happen. Elena offers the following reflection:
In the morning reflect:
- How would you live as if you liked yourself? What would that mean to you?
- What could you do today to reflect on self-appreciation?
Write Marge Piercy’s quote on a piece of paper or a sticky note and take it to work with you today. Put it somewhere you’ll see it.
In the evening reflect:
- Was there a moment during the day when you consciously thought, I’m going to live as if I liked myself right now? What happened? What did you do?
- How did it feel to hold this notion of self-appreciation in mind today? Did you notice any difference in your thoughts, feelings, or behaviors?
- What would it take for you to live as though you liked yourself?