Choose to be optimistic. It feels better. – His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Yes it is a choice! We have shared posts with practical strategies for becoming an optimist. And we have shared posts to inspire you as you choose optimism. The connection is clear between the habit of telling empowering stories and the disposition of optimism.
As you work on strengthening this habit and disposition, reflect on your thoughts on this choice:
- How do you feel about the suggestion that optimism is a choice?
- What would it take for you to make this choice?
- What holds you back from being optimistic?
- In your childhood, who was optimistic? What did it look like to be optimistic?
- Think of the people with whom you spend your time. Who has chosen optimism? What impact does this choice have on their lives?
The Onward Workbook is filled with reflection activities like this one. When you put the time in to reflect and choose optimism, you will notice a change in how you see the events in your life. And you will fill up your resilience reserves!!!