As we close out this month and our focus on this month’s disposition of courage, I want to share this resource 10 Ways You Show Courage Every Day.
As we dive into Onward each month, it’s often helpful to pause and think “ok so how does this show up in my daily life?” This article gives some practical ways of what it looks like to show up in a courageous way in your daily life.
- You’re the only woman in the room, but you speak up anyway.
- You ask your boss for a raise or promotion and offer sound proof of why you deserve it.
- You hire diverse teams that don’t necessarily agree with you all the time.
- You challenge the status quo.
- You have a difficult conversation with co-workers, your manager, or your direct reports.
- You set boundaries with your colleagues and team.
- You make a formal presentation despite your fear of public speaking.
- You carve out time from your busy schedule for self-care.
- You ask permission to work remotely and present a sound business case for doing so.
- You leave your current company when you realize that your values are no longer aligned and there is no opportunity for advancement.
Are you living courageously?